89% of marketers say that social media generates more business exposure.
This is another post that sings the praises of social media. The objections that we often encounter when discussing this with clients is a lack of cold hard proof to support our recommendations about social media. Our advice is to look at your options and only set out to do an achievable amount – but do it well.
There are a load of options open to you, just don’t pick them all. Also, consider appropriate options for your brand. Would it be appropriate for a Accountant or Financial Advisor to use Facebook for example?
Anyway, to give some cold hard proof to the social media argument Social Media Examiner have released the results of their survey of over 3,000 marketers. Even better than that, Wishpond, a handy infographic company then created a really nice visual representation of the findings, so we don’t even have to read through them!
Having said that, here are the top benefits that companies are seeing from social media marketing:
- 89% of respondents said that social media marketing has generated more business exposure
- 64% saw lead generation increase by using social media 6 hours or less per day
- 69% of marketers use social media to gather marketplace intelligence
- 62% of marketers using social media for 2+ years reported a rise in search engine rankings
- 62% of businesses with 10 employees or less reported that social media has reduced marketing expenses